Monday, April 28, 2008

Jane Goodall

Dame Jane Goodall, DBE, PhD, (born 3 April 1934 as Valerie Jane Morris Goodall) is an English UN Messenger of Peace, primatologist, ethologist, and anthropologist. She is well-known for her 45-year study of chimpanzee social and family interactions in Gombe Stream National Park, Tanzania, and for founding the Jane Goodall Institute.

Quotes:

"The greatest danger to our future is apathy."

"Only if we understand can we care. Only if we care will we help. Only if we help shall they be saved."

"The least I can do is speak out for those who cannot speak for themselves."

"Chimpanzees have given me so much. The long hours spent with them in the forest have enriched my life beyond measure. What I have learned from them has shaped my understanding of human behavior, of our place in nature."

Lewis Johnson, Jone. URL: http://womenshistory.about.com/od/quotes/a/jane_goodall.htm
Date Visited: Monday, 28th April, 2008.

No comments: